Sunday, February 10, 2008

Go Where?


I come home Thursday night drained and living a little on the edge! My loving husband says lets go somewhere and get away. WHAT! Have you lost your mind we don't have time or the money to escape! We are fine he says. So I question his intentions where is it you want to go. Sikeston, Missouri he informed me. I said you want to go where? You know Sikeston home of Lamberts one of the best places to eat and they even throw rolls at you. Now I have been to Lamberts several years ago but I was getting over strepe throate and I barely choked down a couple spoonfulls of mashed potatoes but I did have fun catching rolls for everyone at my table. Okay I can handle good food even though I have been trying to diet I had already blown it this week and gained two pounds so whats one more good meal before I hit the road again. He says come on we can leave Friday evening its only like 2 and1/2 hours away we can get a hotel room relax and go eat Saturday and head back home. Now write this down because this is the first time he has planned a little weekend get away I have planned a couple for us when I need that "just us" time. But this is the first time he has had the initive to do this I was shocked.


I got out the the bed Friday morning with a little spring in my step cause my baby was wanting to spend some time with me. WOO HOO! I'm looking on the internet for hotel rooms and the whole nine yards I even rush home leaving my school work behind. Then he walks in the door and informs me we have forgotten about my nephews birthday and were suppose to be a my brother in laws at 6 I was crushed. After a couple hours of non communication he says well are you going to get anything ready for this get away or do you just not want to go. I was to busy pouting to realize that he was still planning on going. We worked it out threw come clothes in a bag and headed to the birthday party. We had originally said we would drive to Paducah and stay. We ended up not leaving until about 9:30 Friday night and suprisingly ended up driving straight through to Sikeston. I found the Holiday Inn Express that I had looked up on line and went it go get our room. Once he walked into the room he was pumped up because I had gotten a king size bed. You would have thought it was covered in 100 dollar bills but hey it doesn't take much to get my baby excited. Of course he was just excited because we could sleep in different zip codes! It was nice we even slept in till about 9 Saturday morning. We got up got ready and headed to a small outlet mall and shopped around for a couple hours (not his favorite thing to do but he smiled the whole time). I even got me a new pair of shoes!!! Then we headed to Lamberts!


If you have never been to a Lamberts you are missing out. Good and I mean good homestyle cooking with hot rolls flying through the air what more could you ask for. The atmosphere itself is worth it. We had a great meal that left us extremely STUFFED and we caught all the rolls thrown to us. Since there is like nothing else in Sikeston we headed back to Paducah for a little more shopping and then home. I love get aways I feel refreashed and loved.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Awww! Sweet guy you gots there Mrs. Rhonda! Never been to Lamberts but I've heard it's fantastic. I'd need a catcher to catch rolls from me though, 'cause I'd just duck like I normally do when things are thrown in my direction.

Rhonda said...

Just let me know cause I have the catching thing down pat. Years of experience!!!