Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Weather WOWS!





Okay it all started Monday afternoon with sleet and freezing rain which continued into Tuesday afternoon more sleet and freezing rain. We lost power for about 3 hours Tuesday morning but thank god it came back on. We have been out of school since 12:30 Monday and it is not Wednesday afternoon. Since I have been locked in the house since Monday afternoon I rely on my Husband for all my news from the outside world. I jsut got off the phone with him and he says you guys will be lucky if you go back to school this week at all since there are still several places in the county without power. Well I did venure out into the back yard this morning and afternoon to snap a few pictures.
It looks like the water is dripping off the branches but no its frozen there!




This little fellow just kept getting away but I finally got him a couple of times actually! Sneaky, Sneaky BIRD!



Okay I think it is official I have been locked in the house WAY too LONG! I have now sunk to the level of talking to the birds in my back yard. Man I need some sunshine and warm weather!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

LOVE the pics of the cardinal. So pretty! We must have been on the same wavelength today. I snapped some pics of the ice at Mom's house today.

We STILL have no power. Since 1a.m. Tuesday! Snow days suck when you don't have electricity and have to leave home.

Rhonda said...

No power that STINKS! I thought about you today when my mom was talking about wanting a new sewing machine. She had planned on getting one with tax return money but now it looks like that isn't an option. Maybe I can talk my sister into getting her one for mother's day. You must let me know if you have any suggestions.

Kellie said...

So are you EVER going to blog again? Seriously? Perhaps some Pixie Chicks photos would make for good blogging. If we had some Pixie Chicks Pics, that is...